Sunday, March 9, 2008

Paintings So Far...


These are some of the paintings I have done so far. Some of these will be in the show coming up in May... and some wont as they have already found good homes. There is still more work in progress that will emerge from the studio in time for the show as well!



They are all painted using oil paint, and many of them are on fine quality linen. I tend to stretch my own canvasses as I enjoy the process and find it helps me to connect with the surface so that when it comes time to paint we are not strangers.




It can take between one week to one year to complete a painting. Depending on how stuck I get with it. Some just need to sit half-finished for extended lengths of time before I feel confident to work on it again. Funny how a solid mental block of several weeks or months duration can lift silently in the night and be gone next time you are in the studio.


1 comment:

grey said...

hey allie,
It's such a pleasure reading your blog! you write so beautifully. Keep it up!!!
xxfelicity