Saturday, June 7, 2008

The end of a show

...
So Saturday the 31st was the last day of the show. I spent the day at the gallery and met a lot of people who couldn't make the opening or any other time during the week. It was lovely to see so many people.

The gallery closes technically at 4pm, after which I could take down the works. Unfortunately they had a theater performance at 5pm downstairs so I only had a one hour window of opportunity to get all the paintings out and clean up the place, i.e. putty up the walls and sweep the floor a bit. I could have come in on Sunday morning, but I had the bad timing of having that Sunday be the first Sunday of the month and thus had my stand at Sunday Arts at the Convent that day, so Saturday night it was!





I had to take all the works down and bubble wrap them for transportation. The sold works that were being picked up at the gallery I was able to leave in the store room out the back... but they had to be labeled and wrapped extra carefully.





I had to take all the numbers off the walls, take the nails out of the walls and then push some putty into the holes they left.




It was a bit sad and empty, but also felt quite satisfying to have a gallery of empty walls and only the spotlights to show where the paintings had been. A definite sense of completion and accomplishment. The show is over and I think a success! Yay!


No comments: