Monday, May 26, 2008

Behind the Scenes 3

Hanging the show...

My friend Benjamin 'The Art God'* Webb installed my show for me last night at the gallery. He is a professional art installer, yay for friends with benefits! (not like that!!!) He charged me the grand sum of a six pack and dinner at the Shanghai Dumpling House.

I had dropped all the works off the night before and placed them around the walls in the order I wanted them hung. We met at 5.30pm and were done by 8ish. This is what it all looked like...


First you measure,




then you hammer,



Then you use the dodgy $3.99 spirit level from the Two Dollar shop on Sydney Rd to make sure it is all straight,




And hey presto, you have a show! Yay!

Now all I have to do is create labels for the walls, type out and print the price list, artist statement, and CV, get all the food and wine, make sure I have invited everyone, brainstorm for the speech...






*Ben is a shy retiring flower, he would never admit he is an Art God, and he would certainly never tell me to write that... but I do what I can to promote my friends!

No comments: