Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Taking Down TIBA (or how to get a wall drawing off the wall)

As I have given you the journey of how the painting got made I thought I should also show how it got unmade.

So here it is all lovely on the wall.


That is Alice, she is a photographer and her official capacity in Brunswick Arts has been to document the shows. It was quite funny because I had just bought myself a really nice camera and as we took the show down we were both taking lots of shots of the process of de-installation and of each other taking photos of the de-installation.







I quite like it just like this.


But paint over it we must, so first a coat of grey paint to make it easier to cover in white.












and hey presto it is a pristine white wall again, ready for the next exhibition.

Here are some shots of the other works coming down:









it was REALLY hot! One of those 44 degree days. ugh.

No comments: