Monday, January 12, 2009

never too young

I am going to be in a group show called 'This is Brunswick Arts' which opens at Brunswick Street Gallery on Friday. It is a group show for all of us who are part of the Brunswick Arts Space crew, an opportunity to show our work in a different gallery.

Little did we know that another show, one which would get front page coverage in The Age, would be opening on the same night! Lucky us!

Follow this link to read all about it:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/entertainment/arts/my-kid-could-paint-that-toddlers-art-on-show/2009/01/07/1231004105005.html

I personally really love the idea. I'm intrigued to see the work she has produced, if my niece is anything to go by I can imagine some really wonderful art work being hung. There is definitely something lost with self consciousness/cricism and training of the fine motor skills. My niece who is now four, is suddenly very concerned with staying in the lines, and not that I would want her not to develop her coordination, but she has started down a path that will take her all of her life to learn and unlearn, and learn again. Such a double edged sword is (self)consciousness.


(the opening night is Friday the 16th of January, 6-9pm

Runs to 29th Jan 2009 @ Brunswick Street gallery

322 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Gallery Hours Wed-Sun 11-6pm)

No comments: